The Shooting Federation of Canada has joined the Coaching Association of Canada’s Responsible Coaching Movement and therefore has access to the E-PIC at a discounted rate.
- Individuals can obtain an E-PIC via https://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/landing-pages/c/cac_ace/
- In Ontario, the Shooting Federation of Canada understands that the Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015 requires the individual to consent in writing before requesting a criminal record check (such as an E-PIC).
- The Act also requires the individual to consent in writing for any disclosure of the results to the requesting organization.
- In BC, the process for obtaining a Criminal Record Check is different than in other provinces and territories and sections of this policy relating to obtaining a Criminal Record Check may not apply.
- In such cases, the Screening Committee will provide individuals with directions pursuant to the following website: https://www.viasport.ca/free-criminal-records-checks
- Individuals may only obtain a VSC by visiting an RCMP office or police station, submitting two pieces of government-issued identification (one of which must have a photo), and completing any required paperwork.
- Fees may also be required