Who can participate
This program is for any individual and/or clubs. It is intended to be appealing for beginners and is also challenging for advanced shooters. An SFC membership is not required, however, members will have a discount price. You can shoot on any indoor or outdoor range, or in any safe location that has an appropriate backstop or bullet trap.
What’s new for 2021?
- The Shooting Federation of Canada has developed a Leaderboard for Pistol, for Rifle and for shotgun to inform participants and publish the various regional, provincial and national rankings. Participants can use these sheets to see the levels achieved by participants and their results. Through the Leaderboard sheets, you will have access to view all other participants' levels and scores. The Leaderbord is a tool that will ease the Club Program Director task since it tells automatically when a participant acheived one level.
- One of the biggest changes is the addition of Air Rifle, Air Pistol and Shotgun events into the program! To make the program available to as many shooters as possible, we believed it was important to extend the RTS program out to those disciplines as well.
How does the program work?
It's always more fun to shoot with friends!
- Get together two or more people and form your own RTS club
- Elect one member of your club as Program Director. They will act as the contact between your club and the SFC. They will be in charge to update results and participants information in the leaderbord sheets.
- The Club Program Director fills in and submit the Club Registration Form (club Registration can be printed and sent by mail to the SFC office.
- After receiving a completed registration form, access to the leaderbord sheet will be given to the Club Program Director.
- The clubs need to order the appropriate targets and also complete the order form to receive the badges. Your badges will be sent out within three weeks.
- Shoot safely and have fun! Be sure to follow the RTS program rules and regulations.
- The Club Program Director will update the appropriate Leaderboard spreadsheet monthly to update the RTS Leaderboard. He will be in charge of awarding the level badges acheived by is participants. We suggest that each club schedule a small meeting (virtual or "in person") with all participants of the same club.
- If you aren't a member of a club or haven't found others who share your shooting interest, don't worry! Act as your own Program Director, and follow all the steps. The SFC believes in honor between participants.